Re: uploading 'large' files (e.g. 6MB) -> tmp_name is empty?..

Nico Veenman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When uploading 'large' files of (for example 6MB) I have a problem that
> after uploading to the tmp folder on the server (so when the php script is
> called), the tmp_name in the FILES global is empty. So this means I can't
> do
> a move uploaded file because I don't know where the tmp file is.
>
> Any idea why php 'resets' the tmp_name when uploading large files (aka
> when
> uploading just takes a minute or two).

Note that you also get slightly/subtly different results between:

Successful file upload.
File too large (or too many) from php.ini settings.
User canceled upload.
User did not fill in upload box before submission.

I forget the exact differences, and I'm not even certain this is
documented behaviour, but you can write your script to behave differently
if you're willing to risk maybe using an undocumented feature.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm