Re: protecting class/include files

Stefan Klopp wrote:
> show_source or an fopen of the include files and steal our source code. I
> have looked around at a few of the encoders on the market and was
> wondering
> if that was my only option? Am I missing something simply with permissions
> or what not that would prevent users from viewing the source code of our
> class files?

You have not missed anything.

If PHP can read the files, then PHP can read the files.  That is a tautology.

Thus, by definition, they can show_source or fopen the files.

You can encode the files with one of the products you found, but you
should also copyright your work, and have your clients sign an agreement
that makes it VERY clear they should not use your proprietary code.

History tells us that locking down source code with technological means
will "raise the bar" but simply will not stop a deteremined person.

A clear contractual agreement will also not necessarily stop all
deteremined people either.  It will, however, serve notice of your intent,
and stop far more than one might think.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm