Re: Problems with headers and downloading file

Christian Johansson wrote:
I have a problem with downloads with the use of header()
I have this code at the start at the download site:
Header("Content-Type: application/download"); Header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=export.txt");

My problem is that the file which is downloaded contains HTML code which I
don't need, and don't want to have there.

Is there some way to take control on what should be written to the file?

I am almost there, I have all the data I want do generate on the file, but
in the start of the file HTML code are written.

Christian Johansson

Anything you echo after sending the headers will be inserted into the downloaded file. For example:

<?php

header("Content-Type: application/download");
header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=export.txt");

echo "This is the first line\n";
echo "This is the second line.";

?>

Will cause the users browser to download a text document that contains two lines of text. All you need to do is write your php code after the headers that generates your text file contents.

-- David Dickson