Re: Running PHP as CGI

I guess what I'm really asking is do the php_admin environment variables that can get set in Apache get passed to the CGI version of php when called as a CGI ?

Tim.

Curt Zirzow wrote:

* Thus wrote Tim Traver:

Hi all,

In the quest to secure php script running, I am starting to think about running php as a cgi instead of through the module.

I generally set the open_basedir directory within the apache configuration file for individual hosts. If I ran php as a CGI, would that directive still be in effect ? or do I have to set that in a php.ini file that is specific for that virtual host ?

The directive will be effectve for which ever apache's <Directory> direcve applies, other wise the setting to the default directory will be used.

php in general, has  no clue about virtual hosts. This is rather a
appache issue.

Curt