Re: How to $_POST from a grid

On November 24, 2004 16:35, Stuart Felenstein wrote:
> To get to the grid I'm passing over
> the userID  .  Then basic a select statement in the
> results grid with a while loop the returns all the
> records related to the userID.
>
> It's just odd - because in Dreamweaver I build the
> grid with one table row, place my echo fieldx in each
> cell, then create a "repeat region" around the row.
> The repeat region is the while loop.
>
> The behaviour though is different for whatever reason.
>   Using a link with GET (paramter in the URL) it
> distinguishes each primaryID correctly.  Yet with POST
> no. As Jason just posted, yes it has individual submit
> buttons, yet they solely return the last record.
Are you using one form for the entire page?

If you make each row into a form and have the action set to go to the same
page for each form then you would only need to add a hidden type input with
the primaryID for which you want to search.  Pull the value out of the _POST
array on the action page and you can build your select with the appropriate
where clause.

If you are using one form for the entire grid, you will need to add a checkbox
or radio button group in order to have the primaryID values sent to the
action page.

HTH
--
Regards,
David Bevan

We could learn a lot from crayons:
some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names,
and all are different colors....but they all exist very nicely in the same
box.

http://www.getanyideas.com