Re: pspell problems

I tried it with just aspell (including the aspell-en dictionary package) and whenever I tried to configure php to use pspell it couldn't find pspell (./configure --with-pspell)

John Nichel wrote:
Noodles wrote:

I've spent the last 6 hours or so trying to get pspell going on my php install, version 4.3.9. I've searched all over the net, but haven't found a solution.

I'm using debian so I'm using the packaged version of php4 and apache. I installed aspell using apt-get and then downloaded and compiled pspell 0.12.2. I downloaded php4 off the php.net site and used it to compile a pspell.so file, which seemed to work until I tried to check a word. I get:

To the best of my knowledge, you don't have to complie/install pspell anymore to have the functions work with php...only need aspell (as both aspell and pspell are combined in the aspell release)

Warning: PSPELL couldn't open the dictionary. reason: I'm sorry I can't find any suitable word lists for the language-tag "en".

Did you install a dictionary? If not, that's what you need to do. If you want English....

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/text/aspell-en