Re: enrypt and decrypt

Skippy wrote:
Quoting Merlin <news.groups@xxxxxx>:

Merlin wrote:

Hi there,

I would like to encrypt some info and later be able to decrypt it. As I saw there is only one way encryption possible with encrypt.

Has anybody an idea how to do a 2 way encrypten?

Thank you for any help,

Merlin

Hi,

that requires to install another module?! It does not have to be that
secure. Is there an easier way to encrypt an 8 digit ID without going through the
hastle of updating the system? That sounds like a standard function to me.

There are pure software solutions available. There was a 3 kb class
included with Horde for instance, which could be used very nicely.
It was called HCEMD5 and could do encryption/decryption with a secret
and a public key (which were simple strings).

You can also look in pear.php.net and see if any packages are good
for you. I think this may do what you want:
http://pear.php.net/package/Crypt_RC4

You can use PEAR packages without needing a priviledged user to
install them on the server.

Hi, I tryed the Pear package, and it encryptes well. However the encrypten is not URL friendly. My goal is to encrypt a 8 digit ID into a URL. Can this be that hard?`I bet there are hundreds of people wanting to make a similar encrypten with php.

Merlin