Re: enrypt and decrypt

Quoting Merlin <news.groups@xxxxxx>:
> > Merlin wrote:
> >
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> I would like to encrypt some info and later be able to decrypt it. As
> >> I saw there is only one way encryption possible with encrypt.
> >>
> >> Has anybody an idea how to do a 2 way encrypten?
> >>
> >> Thank you for any help,
> >>
> >> Merlin
> >>

> Hi,
>
> that requires to install another module?! It does not have to be that
> secure. Is
> there an easier way to encrypt an 8 digit ID without going through the
> hastle of
>   updating the system? That sounds like a standard function to me.

There are pure software solutions available. There was a 3 kb class
included with Horde for instance, which could be used very nicely.
It was called HCEMD5 and could do encryption/decryption with a secret
and a public key (which were simple strings).

You can also look in pear.php.net and see if any packages are good
for you. I think this may do what you want:
http://pear.php.net/package/Crypt_RC4

You can use PEAR packages without needing a priviledged user to
install them on the server.

--
Romanian Web Developers - http://ROWD.ORG