php5 and mysql 4.1 - Authentication

Hi there,

I am sure there has been a discussion about this previously, I couldn't find
much through google though . anyway. I know I must use mysqli, and that is
also not the problem. The problem is with things like phpmyadmin and bxcms.
I am not going through all the code to fix the mysql connections. Is there
no way I can tell MySQL4.1.6 to accept http authentication? This seems to be
the overall problem, because it foes not even find the right access password
once a connection is establishes (using the OLD_PASSWORD() function).

Thomas