Re: Q re: php-5.0.2 ./configure --with-soap --with-openssl --with-tidy (copy)

* Thus wrote Bill McCuistion:
> Q re: php-5.0.2 ./configure --with-soap --with-openssl --with-tidy
>
> Hello all.  Hoping for some direction with the above step.
>
> Have PHP-5.0.2 and can configure the soap and openssl options, but when I
> add the tidy option, the operation stops with the following message.
>
>  --> checking for TIDY support... yes
>  --> configure: error: Cannot find libtidy
>
> I have of course gotten the latest tidy source (1.1) from sourceforge, but
> don't understand what to do with it.   The rpm doen't seel to load the
> libtidy as I was hoping it would.  Further to my confusion, the PHP docs
> speak to using tidy 2.0 with PHP5, but can not locate any other refs to
> tidy 2.x)

I've never have used the rpm for tidy, but in general it should in
theory install libtidy in either /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib so
you'll need to configure php like:
  ./configure --with-tidy=/usr
  or
  ./configure --with-tidy=/usr/local

If that doesn't work, then the rpm may not have installed the
libtidy.

As for the tidy 2.x reference, that is referencing php's interface
to tidy:

  tidy 1.0: for php4.x
  tidy 2.0: for php5.x

Both tidy's use the same libtidy, it is just that 2.0 includes the
new OO interface that PHP5 provides.

Curt
--
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."