RE: Default value if parameter is not passed in

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 16:56 -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> --On Wednesday, October 27, 2004 4:53 PM -0700 "Vail, Warren"
> <Warren.Vail@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I notice that none of your variables use the PHP convention of $ preceding
> > the variable name, I also do not see you defining a value for
> > DEFAULT_VALUE, which by the upper case convention seems to be referring
> > to a global constant.  Is it not true (no pun intended) that if a
> > variable (or constant) has not been defined, that assigning the contents
> > of that variable (or value of the constant) will return a false (i.e. a
> > 1)?
>
> This is inside the C source code for PHP.  C does not prefix variables with
> a $.
>
> The DEFAULT_VALUE was simply shorthand for what I'm setting it to, and is
> not representative of an actual value, and that bit doesn't particularly
> matter, since it was never getting executed (although it was for a global
> constant from a header file).
>
> --Quanah

So, you're asking for help on modifications to the source code for PHP,
not how to help with modifications of PHP code, correct?

If so, you might want to try the PHP developers list.

-Robby

* Robby Russell | Owner.Developer.Geek
* PLANET ARGON  | www.planetargon.com
* Portland, OR  | robby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx