From: Quanah Gibson-Mount [mailto:quanah@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 4:56 PM
To: Vail, Warren; php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE:  Default value if parameter is not passed in

--On Wednesday, October 27, 2004 4:53 PM -0700 "Vail, Warren"
<Warren.Vail@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I notice that none of your variables use the PHP convention of $
> preceding the variable name, I also do not see you defining a value
> for DEFAULT_VALUE, which by the upper case convention seems to be
> referring to a global constant.  Is it not true (no pun intended) that
> if a variable (or constant) has not been defined, that assigning the
> contents of that variable (or value of the constant) will return a
> false (i.e. a 1)?

This is inside the C source code for PHP.  C does not prefix variables with
a $.

The DEFAULT_VALUE was simply shorthand for what I'm setting it to, and is
not representative of an actual value, and that bit doesn't particularly
matter, since it was never getting executed (although it was for a global
constant from a header file).

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount