Re[4]: Php files with .html extension?

Hello Trevor,

GT> I could see someone wanting to use .html to obscure the fact that
GT> they were using PHP scripts (for various reason), but if that's
GT> intended as a security measure, then it's classic security through
GT> obscurity, which will fool some people, but not the people you
GT> really have to worry about.

Absolutely. Which begs the question - why bother?

One of the only reasons I can think of is if you were moving from a
static HTML site to a PHP site and you were already well indexed on
Google, etc - you may want to retain those links and not cause 404's
all over the place, in which case it makes business sense. But for
most people the "obscurity" is simply fooling the wrong folks.

I don't think you'll find any real benchmarks on this because
they're so subjective and rely more on your hosting arrangement than
PHP itself. But I'm sure you could simulate a stress-test for this
quite easily.

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde