RE: Re[2]: Php files with .html extension?

> True, it doesn't do anything other than output the HTML. But it's that
> "load - scan - determine - output" that takes up CPU time and memory.
>
> Sure, on most sites it doesn't matter one bit. But on popular sites..
> well, you can do the math I'm sure.
>
> I guess at the end of the day it comes down to "don't do un-necessary
> things". That goes for your code as well as your server set-up, but
> it's true to say that if you don't actually need to parse HTML as PHP,
> then don't.

Well yeah. I fully agree.  Keep it simple, don't put any more load on a server than you have to, don't run anything you don't have to, don't provide any opportunity for the system to become unstable or slow... if you don't have to.

Going on the assumption that someone might have a requirement to use .html, I was wondering what the impact would be.   I could see someone wanting to use .html to obscure the fact that they were using PHP scripts (for various reason), but if that's intended as a security measure, then it's classic security through obscurity, which will fool some people, but not the people you really have to worry about.

-TG