RE: people/projects looking for developers...

Check out the following, probably a lot more;

http://www.guru.com/  (used to be itmoonlighter.com)
http://www.sologig.com/ (site written in php)
http://www.prosavvy.com/
http://rfq.programmingbids.com/

I have even seen a few on this list, although it is considered a little off
topic, I have yet to see anyone banned from the list for describing a work
requirement (not that I would).  Everyone knows people on this list have
entirely too much time on their hands (and not enough money) ;-).

Now if you are after people who will work for free,,,,  Get those kind of
offers every day, including from my current employer from time to time, if
you know what I mean.

Good luck,

Warren Vail