Re: dirty words

Hi,

> > I am useing file_get_contents on a remote page
> then
> > using stristr() to make sure there are no "bad
> words"
> > and its a family site.
>
> May I point out this is a lost battle from the
> start? If someone really
> wants to enter "bad words" they will, by masking
> them in various ways;
> humans will interpret the bad words correctly in far
> more cases than you
> can filter with software. Additionally, you will end
> up filtering parts of
> legit words that look like bad words.

True, but only sites that pass the above test get
added to the database on an "unconfirmed" state, then
I personally look at the site and "confirm" it....the
aboev is just something of a "pre-screen"

I got it working though so this is an old problem :-)

Cheers,
Mag

=====
------
- The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.
- Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster!
- Smile, everyone loves a moron. :-)