Program that does registration, rsvp, reminders, etc??

On Oct 11, 2004, at 2:06 PM, John Holmes wrote:
Does anyone know of a program that does event and user registration, sends RSVPs, reminders, etc?? I'm basically looking for a _simple_ evite.com clone I can use on a site.

The only one I've found in a quick search is iVITE at http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/31859.html. Does anyone have any recommendations on that script or any other ideas?

I did some searching for such a system a couple of months back, primarily looking for something free. The one system I found was an extremely messy perl implementation which I ditched after a couple of hours' testing.

In the end, I started work on my own. It's in perl (wanted to get some more experience with CGI::Application), uses MySQL and still needs a fair bit of work (other projects got in the way) but if you want to try it out it's on my site at:

http://jystewart.net/webdev/invite.html

James.

--
James Stewart : Web Developer