Re: SOMETIMES, my SID gets embedded in the URL ???

I tried ini_set('session.use_only_cookies', "1").
I also tried ini_set('session.use-trans-sid', 0). Right after I made the
change, the sid was gone, urls didn't contain it anymore, BUT, the next
day, today, when I accessed the site from my office (another computer),
the SID is there again!

And this is exactly like when I first added
ini_set('session.use_only_cookies', "1") : before the addition the sid was
sometimes there, after the addition it wasn't. Few days later it was there
again.
Then I added ini_set('session.use-trans-sid', 0) and it was ok, today it's
not.
Don't know what to believe anymore...

The strange thing is, phpinfo() says session.use_only_cookies is ON and
session.use_trans_sid likewise.
So if session.use_trans_sid is on, why do I lose my session after
redirecting to a relative url ? The docs say that "relative URIs will be
changed to contain the session id automatically".

Also when I access the forums on my site (IPB), the sid isn't embedded.

So my question is: if session.use_only_cookies is ON, why on earth is the
sid present in the url ?
PS: php is version 4.3.8.