Re: Send files before the php script executes

On 7 Oct 2004 09:17:26 -0700, Ruben Duarte <ruben.alutiz@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anybody knows if is posible in Linux with PHP to do upload of several
> files sending the data before that php script executes. Now in my
> server you do the upload (with html,form, multipart ...) and first all
> the files are upload and them the php script is executed.
>
> The idea is the next: In the server in my php script I want to
> proccess each file separated because if the conexion is lost the user
> don't have to send all the files again , only have to send the files
> that haven't been uploaded and proccessed.

You just have to make the file field names arrays:

<form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="_URL_" method="post">
<input type="file" name="uploaded_files[]">
<input type="file" name="uploaded_files[]">
<input type="file" name="uploaded_files[]">
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit">
</form>

Then all the regular image processing code you find here:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.php

will still apply, just to the array of files, instead of to a single file.

You will find print_r($_POST) very helpful when you can't figure
something out with form submissions.

--
Greg Donald
Zend Certified Engineer