Re: Why my browser always chooses UTF-8 charset?

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 18:05:32 -0400, Teng Wang <eruisi@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi:

But I still want the default language to be English, I can
set a page to be Chinese if I wanna to do so. Is that
possible? Why doesn't the meta information work?

Setting the charset in the html doesn't work very well for the simple reason that the parser has to decide on a charset before it can even read the tag. Note that UTF-8 will allow you to freely mix English and Chinese without problems.