Re: A problem of installation

Howdy,

Redhat is notorious for leaving out things, such as apxs. To get php
working, you will most likely have to download apache, build it, and
install it. Make sure you configure apache with --enable-so. After
apache builds, do make install.

And then, when configuring php, do
./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs

That should work just fine. You can still have your old apache installed
at the same time, just don't use it. Copy the config files from the old
apache, and do /etc/init.d/httpd stop, then startup the other apache
(probably /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd), and php should be working
perfectly

--
Regards,
Matthew Fonda