Re: Re: Solaris 10 compile of php-5.6.x fails during make, usingOracleStudio 12

Christoph Becker <cmbecker69 <at> gmx.de> writes:

> J wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the suggestion.  I reviewed the INSTALLATION file in the
> > source tree and it had the same flex/re2c hints for Solaris, but was
> > not sure if it was applicable since the flex hint said up to php-
5.2.

> The file *might* not be up-to-date.  If so, it should be reported to
> <https://bugs.php.net/>, if not already done.
>
> > Flex 2.5.39,REV=2014.05.06  and re2c  0.13.5,REV=2012.03.15 were
> > installed from the solaris csw repositories,  /opt/csw/bin was
> > pre-pended to the PATH variable, and /opt/csw/lib was pre-pended to
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but make failed with the same result.   Does
> > anything else need to be done to use the recently installed
> > flex/re2c?   Was there something in particular from the output
> > leading you to think it was flex and or re2c?
>
> Well, there have been several warnings regarding "invalid white space
> character in directive" in zend_language_scanner.l, which lead me to
> this (premature?) conclusion.  I have no experience building PHP on
> Solaris, but only on Windows.  There, I have flex version 2.5.4 and
re2c
> version 0.13.5, which work fine to build master (i.e. PHP 7.0.0dev),
so
> your versions should be fine as well.
>
> I don't know what's the problem on your system, and I can only guess
> that it *might* be related to unrecognized line endings.

I am having the same problem on Solaris with 5.6.10, sun CC 12.3
compiler.   I get all the white-space errors and then it fails.  I
installed 5.5.26 without issue.  Was anyone able to figure out how to
fix this please?   I looked to compile without Zend but there doesn't
appear to be a -without-zend.  Any help would be appreciated.

"Zend/zend_language_scanner.l", line 70: cannot initialize function:
SCNG
"Zend/zend_language_scanner.l", line 70: undefined symbol: x
"Zend/zend_language_scanner.l", line 70: cannot recover from previous
errors
cc: acomp failed for
/home1/users/cross/installedPackages/UpgradePHPandSSL/php-
5.6.10/Zend/zend_language_scanner.c
make: *** [Zend/zend_language_scanner.lo] Error 1