Re: Solaris 10 compile of php-5.6.x fails during make, usingOracleStudio 12

J wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion.  I reviewed the INSTALLATION file in the
> source tree and it had the same flex/re2c hints for Solaris, but was
> not sure if it was applicable since the flex hint said up to php-5.2.

The file *might* not be up-to-date.  If so, it should be reported to
<https://bugs.php.net/>, if not already done.

> Flex 2.5.39,REV=2014.05.06  and re2c  0.13.5,REV=2012.03.15 were
> installed from the solaris csw repositories,  /opt/csw/bin was
> pre-pended to the PATH variable, and /opt/csw/lib was pre-pended to
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but make failed with the same result.   Does
> anything else need to be done to use the recently installed
> flex/re2c?   Was there something in particular from the output
> leading you to think it was flex and or re2c?

Well, there have been several warnings regarding "invalid white space
character in directive" in zend_language_scanner.l, which lead me to
this (premature?) conclusion.  I have no experience building PHP on
Solaris, but only on Windows.  There, I have flex version 2.5.4 and re2c
version 0.13.5, which work fine to build master (i.e. PHP 7.0.0dev), so
your versions should be fine as well.

I don't know what's the problem on your system, and I can only guess
that it *might* be related to unrecognized line endings.

--
Christoph M. Becker