Re: php parse error after installation

On Sat, 8 Sep 2012, Daniel Brown wrote:

To: kevin <klane@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Daniel Brown <danbrown@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  php parse error after installation

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 3:42 AM, kevin <klane@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi there,

                I have exhausted all methods I can find to fix this problem
,which is from the following php code from php 5 for dummies book, which I
doubled checked as well from their website,

<head>

<title>PHP Test</title>

</head>

<?php

echo “<p>This is a PHP line</p>”;

   Note the special quotes you're using here --- that's why.  PHP
doesn't understand fancy quotes, only:

       Single-quotes (  '  ), which PHP parses as a literal string.
       Double-quotes (  "  ), which PHP parses as a string to be
interpreted (such as the translation of variables).
       Backticks (  `  ), which PHP uses to execute command-line code
(if permitted by system configuration).

   Change your quotes to either single or double quotes and your
problems should vanish.

Well spotted Daniel.

I was just gonna say use this instead:

<head>