Re: httpd segfault after 5.4.0 install

On 4/17/12 2:15 PM, Christopher Jones wrote:
On 04/17/2012 11:47 AM, Joseph Koenig wrote:

In general you could:

- Try the latest PHP 5.4 snapshot.  Who knows, maybe a fix has already
  been merged?

- remove any unnecessary extensions to eliminate them as culprits.

- keep trying to simplify the testcase.  Without one, core PHP
  developer will not be able to do much, if anything.

  The problem could have been caused much earlier in your code but
  only triggered by the lines you referenced.

- build with --enable-debug to provide more backtrace information

- See https://bugs.php.net/bugs-generating-backtrace.php

- Run 'httpd -X' to start Apache as a single process.  Attach a
  debugger to that process and then get a backtrace and poke around a
  bit.

I did just install 5.3.10 and verify that the problem does not exist
there. The same code executes just fine.

Add that to the bug.  All info helps.

Chris
Thanks again Chris. Same problem exists with the latest 5.4, so I built with --enable-debug and added a backtrace to the bug report as well as the fact that 5.3.10 does not produce the same issue. Will work on stripping down our original code to provide a testcase that replicates the issue. Thanks again for all your help.