Re: httpd segfault after 5.4.0 install

On 04/17/2012 11:47 AM, Joseph Koenig wrote:

Chris
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not 100% sure where to go with the
testcase because if I pull out those 10 or so lines of code. I'm not
necessarily getting the segfault, but by the same token, those 10
lines of code are definitely causing the issue. if I comment them
out, the problem goes away. They are about 3 or 4 classes deep from
where execution starts and rely on many other classes also.

In general you could:

- Try the latest PHP 5.4 snapshot.  Who knows, maybe a fix has already
  been merged?

- remove any unnecessary extensions to eliminate them as culprits.

- keep trying to simplify the testcase.  Without one, core PHP
  developer will not be able to do much, if anything.

  The problem could have been caused much earlier in your code but
  only triggered by the lines you referenced.

- build with --enable-debug to provide more backtrace information

- See https://bugs.php.net/bugs-generating-backtrace.php

- Run 'httpd -X' to start Apache as a single process.  Attach a
  debugger to that process and then get a backtrace and poke around a
  bit.

I did just install 5.3.10 and verify that the problem does not exist
there. The same code executes just fine.

Add that to the bug.  All info helps.

Chris

Open to thoughts or suggestions on how to best provide info to help track down the source of the problem.

Thanks!

Joe

--
christopher.jones@xxxxxxxxxx