From: Naga Kiran K <k.nagakiran@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 5:45 PM
Subject: Re: Getting file pointer from file descriptor
To: Rasmus Lerdorf <rasmus@xxxxxxxxxxx>, php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Rasmus,

Thanks for reply.
The requirement I was looking for is to read/write given only the file descriptor number.

PHP-CGI binary is invoked by a webserver that runs in jail-directory and doesn't have access to the file path directory.
So, it communicates with another daemon that opens a socket to that file and in turn passes the file descriptor alone.

Can you please suggest if there is any API in PHP that serves this requirement [read/write to given file descriptor]
Please let me know if I need to provide more information.

Thanks,
Naga Kiran

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 7:33 PM, Rasmus Lerdorf <rasmus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 04/15/2010 06:52 AM, Naga Kiran K wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are upgrading PHP from 5.2.3 to 5.3.2 and are facing few issues [like
> unsupported functions...]
>
> In PHP 5.2.3, "fdopen" was used to read/write to a file descriptor
> that's opened by another application.
>
> fdopen(<fileDescriptorId>,"rw");  //It worked fine with PHP 5.2.3
>
> After PHP upgrade,its throwing "undefined reference to 'fdopen' function".
>
> Please suggest whats the replacement for this in PHP 5.2.3 or any
> workaround.

PHP has never had an fdopen() function.  It must be something in user
space that provided that for you if you had it.

-Rasmus

--
Regards,
Naga Kiran