Re: Shared mysql modules with mysqlnd (solved)

On Jul 31, 2009, at 15:08, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

I wanted to make the mysql modules use mysqlnd by default for the obvious reasons, but I'm having trouble making them work this way as shared modules. I think they were working fine with mysqlnd when compiled into php statically. Using php 5.3.0 I see:

$ php
PHP Warning: Cannot load module 'mysql' because required module 'mysqlnd' is not loaded in Unknown on line 0 dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: __mysqlnd_palloc_rinit Referenced from: /mp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/ mysqli.so
  Expected in: dynamic lookup

dyld: Symbol not found: __mysqlnd_palloc_rinit
Referenced from: /mp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/ mysqli.so
  Expected in: dynamic lookup

Trace/BPT trap
$

I was told off-list by Rénald Casagraude that I could set the environment variable PHP_MYSQLND_ENABLED=yes while running php's configure script to fix this. This worked great. So now my php has the mysqlnd extension compiled in statically, and I can have the mysql, mysqli and pdo_mysql extensions use mysqlnd if desired. Thanks Rénald!