Question on upgrading php to 5.2.8 on mac os x

Hello all,
I am interested in upgrading my php to 5.2.8 (currently 5.2.6) on my development machine but before I started I thought I send a note out to this list to see if anyone has any pointers or advice.

I have gone through the documentation on php.net, specifically this page:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.macosx.server.php which has instructions on compiling for mac os x.  I also realize these notes a little out-dated (some of the paths in the ./configure are incorrect) and can adjust for that easily enough, but if anyone has any useful knowledge or knows of a brief walk-through online somewhere that would be great.

Thanks!
~w