Cross Compiling Instructions?

I have been searching over the mailing lists for specific instructions on the CORRECT way to cross compile PHP. The only posts I find are people who say they are cross compiling and have a specific problem. So I never get to see their step by step procedure they followed. Anyways here is my problem….

I’m trying to get PHP5.xx installed onto my MontaVista TI Davinci development board. This runs an ARM9 processor. Its currently running Apache 2.0.x. I have cross compiled many different programs and have successfully got them to compile using the Arm compiler tools arm_v5t_le-gcc, etc. However this PHP is a bit tricky. The configure scripts don’t make it really easy to adjust the compiler used so after it made a Makefile, from ./configure, I manually went into it and changed the CC directive.

It’s all compiling now (I think) but the problem is that it needs to make a shared object using apxs (apache module maker) but since that is on my dev board it makes cross compiling a little bit difficult.  Any suggestions? Then afterwards I need to copy to individual binaries/libraries to my dev board since a make install won’t help me.

Thanks,

Josh