Re: Please HELP!!!

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Swapnesh Tiwari <swapnesh27@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I want to start working on PHP, but I have heard that the installation
> process of PHP including Apache and MySQL However, currently I am unable to
> understand that which version of PHP will be suitable for me. Kindly suggest
> me a version, which is highly compatible and works well with most of
> browsers and web hosting servers.

    Use PHP 5.2.6.  There's no worries about browser compatibility
with PHP at all, because it never comes in contact with the browser at
any point.  As for servers, that's the beauty of PHP vs. other dynamic
languages --- versatility and cross-platform support.  Nearly any
modern configuration you can imagine can (or can be made to) work
perfectly with PHP.

> Please also suggest me the most compatible version of Apache and MySQL for
> that version of PHP.

    This isn't really the place to ask those questions, per se, but
the latest stable release of both will be your best bet.  Check the
MySQL5 and Apache2 trees, irrespectively.

> Sir, I would be highly grateful to you if you could also guide me about the
> complete installation and configuration process of PHP including the
> installation and configuration process of Apache and MySQL.

    Unfortunately, it's not likely that anyone here is going to have
the time to hold your hand through an installation, so Google "LAMP
installation" if you're using Linux, or download XAMPP if you're using
Windows.

    Best of luck!

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
More full-root dedicated server packages: