Please HELP!!!

Dear Sir,

I want to start working on PHP, but I have heard that the installation process of PHP including Apache and MySQL However, currently I am unable to understand that which version of PHP will be suitable for me. Kindly suggest me a version, which is highly compatible and works well with most of browsers and web hosting servers.

Please also suggest me the most compatible version of Apache and MySQL for that version of PHP.

Sir, I would be highly grateful to you if you could also guide me about the complete installation and configuration process of PHP including the installation and configuration process of Apache and MySQL.

Thank you,

With regards,
Swapnesh