Re: PHP, Apache and OCI8 issue

If you turn on the startup errors I am betting that you will see that you do not have that dll. I have had many issues with the latest PHP build. It is a mess from what I can tell. And one of the errors that I initially got what that the Oracle dlls along with a few others that I cannot recall are missing. Since I use Ms SQL Server and/or MySQL I didn't worry about it. I just "turned off" the Oracle ext in the php.ini file. I suggest you turn on the start up errors inside your php.ini file to verify that you have the .dll. ONe person said that you could get the non-executable PHP build and all the dlls were in that file. YOu just copy the missing ones to your existing PHP setup. However, I found that even that build didn't include some of the missing dlls. But it is a start . . . a start at narrowing down you issue. If it is missing maybe the PHP folks or Oracle folks would have the missing dll, or an older PHP build????

"Jack van Zanen" <php@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on Sunday, August 31,
2008 at 10:39 PM  wrote:

>Hi List,
>

>I have installed Oracle, PHP and apache on my windows machine and have
>the following issue
>
>If I run phpinfo() from the command line it shows OCI8 as enabled and I
>can connect to oracle databases.
>
>When I copy my php.ini to my windows directory (from my php directory)
>and start apache and than run phpinfo() from a php page in my browser it
>does not show me that OCI8 is enabled and also does not allow me to
>connect to databases. It does show it is using the right php.ini from my
>windows directory
>
>I'm sure this must be an environment setting somewhere but I  can't work
>this out.
>
>Anybody with some more experience in installing this combo can shed some
>light on this??
>

>Brgds
>

>Jack

Tommy Peterson,