PHP won't log!

Hi -

I'm trying to get PHP to work with LDAP on a Sun Sparc running Solaris 10. Configuring '--with-ldap', PHP passes most tests, but when I install it, it abends whenever I try to run a script. Configuring without the ldap flag, things work. I need LDAP. Has anyone gotten PHP to work with LDAP? What exactly is PHP looking for? Is there more than one
LDAP library to try on Solaris?

     I can include more details if anyone wants.

Garey Mills