Re: PHP build --with-pear fails: conflict over /tmp/pear/cache

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Ofer Inbar <cos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   Installing PEAR environment:      /hlg/rpmbuild/buildroot/php-5.2.5-1-
>   manual/usr/local/lib/php/download directory "/tmp/pear/cache" is not
>   writeable.  Change download_dir config variable to a writeable dir

    The quickest and easiest way, though it doesn't answer your other
questions, is to create the directory and make it writable, of course.

[snip!]
>  What's the right way to get the php build to install into a local
>  directory at build time, run under an unprivileged user, without
>  changing the default directories it will use at run time?

    If I'm correct, you need to add an override flag like so:

File: php-x.x.x/pear/Makefile.frag
PEAR_INSTALLDIR=/path/where/pear/should/install

    Not really sure, though, so as usual, I'll defer to someone with a
better answer, but give you at least something to try in the meantime.

    Now quit jumping lists.  I just saw you on the IETF list and 30
seconds later over here!  ;-P

--
</Dan>

Daniel P. Brown
Senior Unix Geek
<? while(1) { $me = $mind--; sleep(86400); } ?>