RE: PHP5 Install Problem on Windows 2003 Server SP2 with MYSQL 5

Just downloaded and installed 5.2.4 - same problem.  Phpinfo still reports all of the locations wrong and changing my php.ini doesn’t seem to have any effect on things.

Travis

-----Original Message-----
From: Bass Bizri [mailto:b.bizri@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 5:02 PM
To: Travis Rabe
Subject: Re:  PHP5 Install Problem on Windows 2003 Server SP2 with MYSQL 5

Hi,

I had similar issues but with mssql.
Anyway, your lucky you only spent a day, I spent two weeks trying to get it
to work.

I eventually, revered back to an older version of PHP (5.2.4), and it now
works.
Give that a try.
It seems there's something dodgie with the latest version of PHP.

Regards,
Bas

             "Travis Rabe"
             <trabe@xxxxxxxxxx
                                       <php-install@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             25/01/2008 12:03                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                        PHP5 Install Problem
                                       on Windows 2003 Server SP2 with
                                       MYSQL 5

All,

  I have lost a day trying to figure this out.  This worked flawlessly back
in the day with version but I cannot figure this out at all.  I have loaded
a brand new server fresh with PHP5 for IIS6.  The version I am using is
actually 5.2.5.  I have installed it to Cc:\PHP using the installer and I
have correctly configured and am using a couple of sites that use PHP via
the php5isapi.dll module.

  Today I have been trying to install a new site, UBB.THREADS, and cannot
get it to work with MYSQL 5.  I loaded a phpinfo file into the root of the
sites and each reports data that is wrong.  It says the php.ini file
location is c:\widows, which it is not it is c:\php.  Moving this file to
c:\windows brings actually does more harm than good for the sites that are
presently working.  There is only one php.ini file and it is located at
c:\windows.

PHPINFO also shows me that the local and master extension directories are
c:\PHP5 – which they are not.  They are c:\php\ext as specified in the
php.ini.  Would someone please please please help me figure this out.

Travis