Re: Apache 2.2 start problem with php5

Hi

2007/11/22, greatman <greatman321@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi!

I have a problem. When I start apache i see this message: Cannot load
C:/AeTrayMenu/Examples/AeonservController/php5/php5apache2_2.dll into
server: The sp\xe9cifi\xe9 module is not found

Help me please :D

Well I never used Aeonserv Controller (if it's that: http://www.xs4all.nl/~broekroo/aetraymenu/)
I assume you use Windows.

Have you tried to start apache "manual"? I've never seen an apache complain about that.
Not an apache2 that runs "normal" + PHP.
So it might more be a problem of your Tray tool.

Basic Check
-------------------
Your Apache HTTPD installation should have (as noted above) an entry in your program menu.
One entry lets you "control" your apache. There is also a monitor and some start stop scripts.
Try these.

A more nerdish aproach
-----------------------------------
In Windows Control-Center -> ... -> Services:
Check whether there is a service registered (usually Apache2 or Apache2.2)
There is a service:
a) Check apache Server status:
open Shell (run "cmd") and type in "net start" - if there is Apache2 or similar in there, your
server already runs.
b) start apache Server Service: "net start apache2" or "net start apache2.2" depending on your
Apache Installation. if it does say "server started" ... it's a problem of your tray tool.
In any other situation it will tell you an errorcode (most of the time useless). That means you
made a mistake configuring your Apache Server.
on failure:
Apache usually creates a program-menu-folder. One of it's submenus got an entry "test configuration"
run it. It will help you finding the error.

If you want to start / stop apache (or any other service) you want to start/stop manually. I suggest writing
a small batch file containing lines like "net start <service>" or "net stop <service>". These are textfiles their
name ends with ".bat". Also they got an icon representing an application-window. You can add those commands
to your Traytool instead.