PHP and Apache not working together

I'm trying to get PHP and Apache 2 working together in Fedora 6.  I followed the
instructions on php.net for installing PHP, and these instructions have worked
fine on Red Hat and SuSE systems.  Apache runs, and I can run PHP from the
command line, but if I try to load a PHP script in a browser, I get a dialog
window asking if I want to save the script.  The only thing I see in Apache's
error log about PHP is:
[notice] Apache/2.0.59 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.59 OpenSSL/0.9.8b PHP/5.2.3 configured
-- resuming normal operations

I have PHP logging errors to a file and I know that's working because the file
contains errors about not being able to find files certain scripts tried to
include, but nothing about PHP being misconfigured or not being able to find
things it needs.

Any ideas about why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.