Re: Need Some tehnical Help

twesigye Benda Wence wrote:
I have installed MySQL Community server and PHP 5.2.2( installed manually, no installer) on my pc
I configured php with IIS (version 5) properly.
If I open a php file in a webbrowser(internet explorer), it works as expected but if the php file has code to extract data from mysql server, the web browser returns an empty page; no error is displayed. Previously, i copied the php.ini-dist file then pasted and renamed it to php.ini into the C:\windows folder. and made sure that the line extension=php_mysql.dll was un commented. By then the browser would report a
Fatal error : call to un defined function mysql_connect().
Currently I used php.ini-recommended instead of php.ini-dist and neither errors are displayed nor is anything returned, only an empty page instead of dynamic data from the mysql database.

The reason you are not getting an error message now is that error messages are turned off in php.ini. The error is still the same, but it is no longer being displayed. You can add the following lines to the top of your script to turn the errors on temporarily so you can see the error messages:

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set("display_errors",1);

Generally both PHP and MySQl work properly independlty but cannot connect. I have researched all manuals and all I get
is confusion.

The error message means that you have not activated MySQL support. You must uncomment the line php_mysql.dll extension line in php.ini and you must locate the files php_mysql.dll and libmysql.dll where PHP can find them. You say you did uncomment the line. Perhaps you need to restart your web server after the change. The best way to locate the .dll files for PHP to find them is to put them in the main PHP directory and add the main PHP directory to your system path.

Janet

I humbly request for technical help.
_My PC Environment_
-windows XP service pack 2.