Re: install PHP on a w2k3 web server - problems

Install PHP in C:\
Change original permissions of directory php and add users (IUSR_* and IWAM_*).
Add permission of execution to module or executable in IIS (and configure location of extensions in php.ini)

I have a W2K3 server on IIS 6.0.  I tried the install for PHP windows binary 5.2.1 Installer.  It failed the first time.  I ran the REPAIR.  It seemed to install ok.

It installed to the default directory c:\program files\php.

When I execute a php file downloaded from my textbook (test.php), I see a number of dll errors.

For example:

mbstring.dll
oci.dll
aspell-is.dll
libcs.dll
db2cli.dll
isqlt09a.dll
core_rl_magick_.dll
iilibapi.dll

If you have any suggestions on how to install PHP on a w2k3 web server, I would appreciate the assistance.

Thanks,

Steve Lazalde

System Administrator

Verizon Repair Resolution Center