Where is libphp5.so?

Hello;
I am coming over here from the general questions list with this situation.
I am using FreeBSD v  6.2.
I have installed Apache v1.3.37
with:
./configure --enable-module=so --enable-module=rewrite --enable-shared=max
make
make install

then
php 5.2.1
./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/sbin/apxs and various other options, including mysql, openssl
gd freetype etc.
make
make install
no errors/bail outs
No libphp5.so was created
find found nada
mod_php.c was in the php source dir in several places.
I went through and rm'd everything I could find related to php.
I went through the whole process again. Still there was no
libphp5.so
no errors/bail outs
I removed it all again and went to an copy of php 5.1.2 that
I still had from two other installations of FreeBSD v6.0
I went and ran configure with the options written to a file and
had configure read in the options from the file.
Still there was no libphp5.so
That is what Apache is looking for as well as mod_php.c, right?
In addition, these entries were not made in httpd.conf.
here is the list of configure options I used:
--with-apxs=/usr/local/sbin/apxs \
--with-openssl \
--with-zlib \
--enable-bcmath \
--with-gd \
--with-jpeg-dir \
--with-freetype-dir \
--with-ttf \
--enable-gd-native-ttf \
--with-mcrypt \
--with-mysql \
--with-mysql-sock \
--without-sqlite \
--with-regex=php
Any idea of what I might be doing wrong or if there is something
haywire with FreeBSD v6.2?
Thanks in advance.
Very frustrated
Jeff K