xmlTextReaderGetAttribute link problem..?

Greetings all,

I am trying to get Apache, php, mysql up and running for a wiki page. The versions are:

mysql-standard-5.0.27-solaris9-sparc

php-5.2.0

Apache/2.2.4 (Unix)

Solaris 9

As for the compiler, et. Al.:

gcc version 3.4.2

GNU ld version 2.17

Here is the error:

suomp10c-root # ./apachectl configtest

httpd: Syntax error on line 53 of /opt/bride2/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load /opt/bride2/httpd/modules/libphp5.so into server: ld.so.1: /opt/bride2/httpd/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file /opt/bride2/httpd/modules/libphp5.so: symbol xmlTextReaderGetAttribute: referenced symbol not found

I had to install binutils when I found out I was using /usr/ccs/bin/ld and not gnu ld.

I have tried every php ./configure combo I could think of, including specifying my libxml2 install in /usr/local

I also tried putting a php.ini file in every location I thought might help including php install, /usr/local/lib, and apache install.

The FAQ mention a zlib error that is similar, but it is a problem in the  mysql configure. Is there a mysql configure option I need to do for this xml error?

Thanks!
Mike

This communication is the property of Qwest and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.