Re: Compiling PHP for MS SQL Support

Mike wrote:
> I am new to Linux and have NEVER compiled PHP. I have PHP 5 and need to
> compile it with MS SQL support. Per PHP docs, I installed FreeTDS and tested
> it and it works. Now I need to (re)compile PHP to get the support I need to
> access MS SQL databases. I am on a Ubuntu 6.06 version of Linux.

I don't understand why you need to recompile or get a new version of
PHP. My guess is that a minor alteration in php.ini should achieve mssql
support.
The other thing I don't understand from your email is just where PHP
resides. MSSQL can only run on windows, therefore are you trying to
access MSSQL from a PHP application on the Linux box or is the PHP on
the windows box as well?

--
Regards,
Alf Stockton		www.stockton.co.za

Writing is easy; all you do is sit staring at the blank sheet of paper until
drops of blood form on your forehead.
		-- Gene Fowler
My email disclaimer is available at www.stockton.co.za/disclaimer.html