Re: June 30, 2024 PF gallery

On 30 Jun 2024, at 20:04, Andrew Davidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxx> wrote:

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated on June 30, 2024.
Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

Chris Strevens - Foliage in the park
I see you use a Canon 450D camera. This camera has quite good capabilities. About 18 years ago I was on my way to visit Iceland with a few hours break in Paris.
Those days I had a quite new EOS 5DII but in this stop in Paris the camera’s mirror jumped out of its place and made the new camera useless. Ian hour I was back on a plane to Reykjavik without a working camera .
Next day morning I change my itinerary and was looking for a repair in Reykjavik. When I found one, he explained that he need a special glue from Canon and it take 10 days to deliver it. I was forced to buy another body
Probably in one of the most expensive places in the world. I took the Canon 450D in order to use my existing lenses.
About your image - I think you sure can produce more pleasing one by choosing another hour with less harsh light and work a little on better composition.
Roy Miller - Old Phone
Old phone has a dial or buttons with numbers, isn’t it ?
Bob McCulloch - A Walk in the Park, Across the Pond
Very nice image of a very nice place. Well done. Nice colors and good composition.
The only one little thing that bother me is the white stone (grave ?) that should be less bright or completely removed .(Although it was placed in the right position in the composition )
Herschel Mair - Playing with my food….
Nothing (bad 😀) to say, Very good still life image. I only wonder if an horizontal mirror would do good ? But I’m not sure.)
Rob Talbot - Railroad
I see unfinished rail pieces on both ways but still do not know why you chose to exhibit this image.
Emily Ferguson - QAL - late autumn, Bradford, VT
I did not know what a QAL is so I asked our best friend Mr. Google. I was surprised that the answer refer to the Hebrew Bible . But, here also, I do not understand the connection to this word.
Andrew Davidhazy - Bird of a feather
A bird inside a feather which is a part of a bird… interesting!
Kostas Papakotas - Trouble Me
I followed your link and listened to the song.  It seems to me that t
hose two on the image are not trouble each other.

Sorry for bothering you
Pini