Re: 7 new photographs in May 21, 2023 installment of PF gallery

Isn't it a kind of found object?
or:
“There really is no such thing as Art. There are only artists.”- E.H Gombrich

On Wed, May 24, 2023, 3:38 AM Pini Vollach <pinimage@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 I raise the glove - Absolutely not art !
The only occasion that it might be is while the artist (human) ask for something revolutionary and use the AI “only” as a tool, but even then I am not sure.
Trevor gave the machine “instructions” but isn’t the machine can generate a topic by itself and upload the income to this Gallery for example ?
In this case, do we call all those millions of photos   “Art”?
One can say: The tool is not important, the outcome is. I accept this as an art when human use the tool, not a cat and not a machine which do what it wants.
Art is a some kind of ingeniusity or ingenuity of a human mind. One of its virtues is innovation, doing something never done while knowing why you do it, what you have to say by it etc’.  Do we accept such a deep thinking to a machine ?
Sorry, Trevor, I appreciate you as an artist but (Meanwhile,) I do not appreciate a machine as artist although I can admire the good job it did.

Pini