Re: Your first camera

Hi,

I got my first (used) camera at age Ten.

It is unbelievable, my first was a Large Format 6x7 ! - An Agfa Box.

Prints usually where the same size as the film itself.

The roll of film was of two layers, The film and a black paper to protect it from rear lights.

The roll was of about 7 or 10 frames.

With this "machine" I took a very well composed tree image during a school journey. This image was liked by the adults around me (No FB those  days.. J )

This response maybe caused me to continue love photography till today.

With this camera you had to shoot from a waist level and it had two "windows" as viewfinders, one for horizontal frame and one for vertical.

You could use an aperture of two positions by pulling a built in piece of metal sheet with tiny holes in it.

To advance the film you had to rotate a handle until a new frame number appear through a little new red window on rear back of the camera.

Those were the days of magic !

Pini