Your first camera

As I was looking over my files I noticed I had a photo of my first camera.

It looked like a Leica … long shot!! Took 828 film. I respelled 35mm film
onto the 828 spools and reused the backing paper from Kodak spools.

Bought it with earnings from being a photo delivery runner for a local
tourist photographer who plied the local beach (Necochea, Argentina)
and his family would develop and print the requests from tourists. I’d
deliver to hotels the next day and collect the fees. Due to an accounting
error a couple of times I ended up with extra money. The first time I
fessed up to the photographer. Got a small tip. The second time I did not.
He was happy in any case. And I was happy and could buy one of these
Coronet cameras. It was not long before I installed an “improved”
achromatic lens on the camera. I bought it from Edmund Scientific.
While I was still in South America!

So, here is the image of the camera.
If you’d like to share a photo of your first camera right on the list you can do
so as long as the message along with image file is less than 100K. If larger
then it will be rejected but I can fix that once I become aware of it.

Andy