Re: Old and New

Hello Pini,

you have the wrong Jim...my photo is of the zookeeper feeding the little bird...

Hi Jim,

This is mainly a texture & composition based image.
I like this type of photos.
This time I feel that it was not done the best as possible.
Some points to be noticed: The right side shadow would be better continue to the lower corner of the frame. The upper shadowed creek (upper right edge) would be better IMO not cropped and make half frame together with the right side shadow.
The shadow of the lower old bolt  is cropped.
Try to rotate the image about 2 degrees counterclockwise.
If for doing all of the above you have to widen your zoom and include more of the wood in the left side of the image, this is also good in my opinion.
The texture can also benefit from  little adjustments of clarity and levels.
Hope this help and no offensive.

Pini