Re: CS5.1 crashing after Apple update

On Feb 11, 2019, at 3:34 PM, Andrew Davidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Anyone on the list have this experience?

I was running PS 5.1 and upon the advice of Apple I updated to Mojave and since then my PS has crashed upon touching any tool. If you have have you found a solution? I am aware of the fact I could rent the program but call me cheap I will not do that. I have a second computer with an older OS and there it all works fine.

I stopped at 6.5 and Sierra.  Some parts of 6.5 don’t work properly under Sierra and beyond Sierra is just a whole increasing list of troubles.  After Mojave, 6.5 won’t work at all, and probably neither will my Mid-2012 MacBook Pro.  Don’t know what I’ll do then.  Whole kettle of troubling fish with Firewire 800 and connectors, and external drives and workflow and backup workflow and storage and on and on.

Try talking Adobe into letting you update to 6.5 and go back to Sierra or High Sierra.  Things will be better.

After taking a workshop in selections and copy/paste I’m pretty impressed with Lightroom.  It’s doing most of what I now spend time doing first in the RAW converter, and then in Photoshop.

You guys make me laugh, being so far behind the times.

Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
774-392-0022
New England landscapes, wooden boats and races
http://landsedgephoto.photodeck.com/