Re: CS5.1 crashing after Apple update

andy for most of what you want to do I am going to recommend a program from the French call Affinity photo.  Does probably all of what you want works in 32bit float color so its more accurate for color and filter effects and free upgrades for life as well as a free trial to see if it works for your needs.